FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > SE Florida And The Keys Forum > Rider Resources
Connect with Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/rick.iossi

Old 12-04-2008, 10:44 PM
mrafalek

Default Best spot around Miami 10th of december 30mph

Hi.
I will be visiting Miami this month december 6th to 11th.
Weather forecast shows around 17mph in various spot and on the 10th will pick up to 30mph .

Where would be the best spot to be?
I don't care for the City y atractions just a good spot with a wind for sure relatevly close to the airport , can be 2 hours drive if there are hoteles close to the beach.
Surfing on the waves would be great but flat water with nice strong wind is great too.

Thanks for the advices.
Rafal
Old 12-05-2008, 08:28 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

Where did you find this forecast and what direction is the wind to be from? I can't seem to find a similar prediction. As a rule, forecasts beyond three days are uncertain. There is even variability inside that term at times. The wind direction has a lot to do with a good location. That is unless you go to the flats which are rideable in winds from all directions. The boats leave from close to the airport too, may be your best option for close, flat water with few hassles. Some of the operations in the Keys also run out to Florida Bay by boat to take advantage of westerly winds. Islamorada falls within 2 hour drive of Miami and again has flat water.

Everyone has their favorite forecast sites. The ones that have worked the best for me, although wrong at odd intervals appear at:
http://fksa.org/showthread.php?t=6734

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi
Old 12-05-2008, 08:50 AM

mrafalek,

I'm not seeing 30 either even here in the keys. The 8th, 9th and 10th look good out of the east thru south but only @ 20 on the 10th. This remains to be seen as it is more than 3 days away and can't be trusted. The forecast is almost always overplayed this far in advance. On the 11th it looks like west wind but will probably be NW@ 20-25 by the time it gets here. On that day we at Otherside Boardsports in Islamorada have 2 boats that go to a back country sandbar for some of the best riding in the upper keys. Cost is only $20.00 per person and we get you rigged and launched so no worries but you must be able to stay upwind. If your here , stop in and say hi.

Noel
oTHErside Boardsports
Islamorada, Florida Keys
mm87.7
www.othersideboardsports.com
(305)853-9728