FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > What's going on?
Connect with Facebook

Old 02-16-2007, 05:23 PM

Default MonkeyKite Demo Sunday

I am sure that everyone is looking to Sunday for an epic session. Have a nice quiver of Monkey's to demo. 15m, 12m(2), 9m. I am definately thinking backside SW, but was also thinking doing some time at North Beach. Splitting the day between the two spots. Thoughts? North Beach am, Backside pm.

www.monkeykites.com

Steve-O
WSW
Old 02-17-2007, 07:39 AM

Steve-O,
Please be sure to post where you will be. I'm needing a smaller kite for days like yesterday and tomorrow and would like to see how stable these kites are in higher winds.

My 15m was all over the place yesterday and my 10m was just to small for 230lbs. I stayed on my 15m for a solid 3hrs and eventhough I found a comfort zone, it was just to much when the wind gusted.

See you sometime Sunday....
Big G
Old 02-17-2007, 04:38 PM
Flaccid Member

Talking

I would love ride the Monkey again! I also will be with my buddy Skemp and I want him to try them out. We will be out at North beach aeound 10:00 or 12:00 and will be there for awhile. Come on out and see us!
Old 02-17-2007, 05:31 PM

Default Demo update

Here is the skinny for those interested. North Beach/Ft. Desoto in the am. Plan to move the demo to backside SW in the afternoon for some flat water. Call me if you have any questions.

Steve-O
WSW
727-542-8022
Old 02-18-2007, 05:52 PM

Default Sorry

What a great day at North Beach. Such clean waves to ride. Talked with Jon, he is doing ok. Nothing broken.....hyperextened leg. Will take some time to heal.

Sorry we didn't get to the Skyway this afternoon. Monkey's were being demo'd at North beach all the way to the end of the day. I think the cold got the best of us all by about 4 or so.

Will try to set up another one in the future for some flat water riding.

Hope everyone had a great day of riding.

Steve-O
Old 02-18-2007, 06:33 PM

Man, what a killer day @ North Beach. I didn't know waves on the west coast were ever that clean. I was completely whooped in about 45 minutes when I rode my 8M C kite, but when i tried out that 9M Funky Monkey I think I learned how easy jumping high actually is. That kite is unreal, and so easy to adjust to. It completely devoured gusts up to easily 28 or 30 and was clean when it dropped out. I think I hogged the Monkey for about an hour and a half because I didn't want to deal with my 8M, which is by the way my favorite kite. Special thanks to Steve-O and WSW for bringing it out. You folks should check out the Monkey before you buy new gear. I loved it.