FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > What's going on?
Connect with Facebook

Old 07-14-2007, 04:51 PM

I have always worn booties at the Skyway and EB, and luckily only got a few minor cuts. I have a pair of Okespor "kite lows" and love them, but they are kinda narrow. The Pro-Limit booties are thin and comfy with a smooth bottom for EZ in and out of the straps, but I am not sure where to find them.
BTW, I got to ride at TI for a few hours today, 3 flat struts and all!!!! (Anythings better than nuthin') Any1 else get some?
Old 07-14-2007, 05:46 PM
popeye

Nope. Tried backside, it sucked... Haas rode for awhile and a few others, but they all weigh 150 or so... any heavier than that and you were out of luck unless you had a glide. I didn't bring my huge board.... sort of wish I would have but I didn't miss much.
Old 07-14-2007, 05:49 PM
popeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyway Scott View Post
Excellent. Considering Jay's and others' mishaps, getting any other pair of booties seems like a waste of time, imo.
I just ordered them off Evan at L2K cuz he gave Donna such a smoking deal on a kite about 4 months ago.

Thanks Steve. I did a google search for "booty kevlar protection" and came up with nothing but fireman's boots earlier. Glad you knew about these.

http://www.realkiteboarding.com/inde...productID=6292
CRAP! No size 11
Old 07-14-2007, 06:26 PM

Just found these "booties". I know they wouldnt have helped me in this instance but my booties have saved my feet dozens of times b4. I'm amazed that everyone doesnt wear them. Most say they dont like their toes confined.
Well, here ya go:
http://www.sailingworld.com/sailing-...am--52992.html
Old 07-15-2007, 08:12 AM

Get well soon Jay. On the bright side... at least it was in the off season. The deeper the cut the longer it takes to heal. It seems like just when you start thinking a heel injury is fully healed and your walking fine, you start riding and that first landing will always unpleasantly remind you of the injury.

Last time I cut myself was a similar situation, screwing around in light wind. #@!%! The next day I couldn't ride and it was one of the best days of the season. Fotunately, that cut wasn't too serious though... Nothing like yours. OUCH!
Old 07-15-2007, 10:45 AM

Default Wow

That sucks Jay, hope you heal up quick!

I have always wore booties when riding in the bay, and walked "lightly" when I was in the water. Always tried to make sure that when I crashed I didn't try to land on my feet!

Booties save me big time at Front Side Skway. It was low tide and I was walking in to take a brake. When I got close to shore I was in a foot deep of muk! I felt something sharp hit my foot and I instantly just feel on the ground to get the pressure off. After I landed my kite I looked at my booty and it was cut a little from whatever I steped on. I had a huge red spot on my foot. I know if I was not wearing booties I would have had a huge gash from whatever it was that I steped on. Scott said it best, where booties and walk lightly. That is what saved my foot that day!

RS
Old 07-15-2007, 11:21 AM

Sorry to hear that Jay. Hope you get on your feet soon~
Old 07-15-2007, 11:35 AM
Skyway Scott

Roy,

I had rumors that you walk lightly and carry a big stick.

So, how is P.C? We want a write up! Pictures too. We all miss having you here but hope you are loving it up there.
Old 07-15-2007, 12:21 PM

Hey, Scott, it's Linda. Roy just ran off to wash his car and all that jazz. We have been doing great, and it is so nice not driving 6 hours each way to see each other. I don't know how the wind has been for you guys down there, but we have had a weir July. The weekend of July the 4th, a weird front came through. We had good seabreeze Thurs, Fri, and Sat. After the front came through last Sunday morning, it blew out of the West 16-20 with higher gusts all day. We rode the Gulf from 10 to 6. Then, just this past Wed. and Thurs. it started blowing again 15-20. NOw, it looks as though our luck has run out, until a tropical system comes through. Hope all is well with you guys down there. YOu will have to come up for a visit in the fall and ride the SE wind with us in the Gulf next to the jetties!! It's an awesome spot!!
Old 07-15-2007, 01:59 PM

Smile Okespor

Have a pair of the Okespor's steve is talking about that are the Gorge version. Yes Kevlar reinforced, however, while in Puerto Rico last year walking on a reef, a sea urchin spine went right through it no problem. Did not even put alot of force on it. Don't think the Okespor will give as much protection as anyone is looking for. After that experience....Kevlar Schmevlar at least with Okee's anyway.