FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > What's going on?
Connect with Facebook

Old 10-31-2009, 08:05 PM
stpetesal

Good Luck Mike, and have fun!!!

Scott L.

Last edited by stpetesal; 10-31-2009 at 09:28 PM.
Old 11-01-2009, 05:03 PM

we are so proud of you!
Old 11-03-2009, 12:05 PM

Default Go mike go!

Did your boards make it?

We are all pulling for you. If you can win the Tampa Kite Masters race in 35 knots in 8 foot seas, this will be easy!

BTW, if you win, I can say the fastest sailor in the world gave me my first kiteboarding lesson!

Dude, how high can you boost when you're going 50 knots?

How is kiteboarding at Martha's Vinyard? Cold? Consistent wind? Worth a summer trip?

Gris

Keep it real!
Old 11-05-2009, 02:06 AM

The wind has been quite light for the last couple of days. When I say light the wind has been around 20 knts. For the racers here thats not even enough to go out, every one is waiting on 35 to 50 Knts. I have been having some real nice free style sessions with a couple SA riders that rip. Talking double handle passes and back mobes to rap, it is nothing here. Def lets me know where I stand and what I want to work on.
My boards are on there way and I have not really needed them because the wind has not been strong enough for them. When I get back I want every one to take a ride on them because you can go so fast on them its scary. Every one is real nice and its fun learning about every ones back ground and how they got into speed racing. One of the guys Taro AKA lighty is one of the judges in the KPWT and starting the SA kite tour. When you sit next him and he starts telling a story its mind blowing.Growing up on SA and in the water all of your life you def see some crazy stuff. I got an interview from him and you will def have to catch it on my site MikeHallKites.com.
Other than that my site is running and soon it will have all the interviews and adventures that I have gone on while traveling around.
Marthas Vineyard was a blast this summer and I recommend if you have time to travel its a nice place to lay low and relax. Nice wind, nice people and it has nice waves with a couple point breaks that you can surf. I got into paddle surfing this summer and now I feel like an addict.
Right now I am helping build a Hostel in Nicaragua and its going to be a perfect destination for any one that wants to get away and kite, paddle surf, horse back on the beach, golf, and take jungle tours. Its going to be open this Feb and its going to be 4 Stars. The best thing is, its 2 hours out of Miami so its not to far at all.
Hope every one is doing well and I will let every one in on the latest when it goes down.
Mike
Old 11-05-2009, 01:33 PM

Default Yeah baby!

Thanks for the update. We are having solid wind every day around here. Please keep us updated.

Keep it real!
Old 11-05-2009, 07:01 PM

Tell us a little more on the fastest chick. Any progress?
Old 11-05-2009, 07:13 PM

Default Yeah Bro!

Good to see someone else doing some world traveling! Keep it up homie!!!!
Old 11-05-2009, 07:59 PM
stpetesal

Default Some info on the event

http://www.bymnews.com/news/newsDetails.php?id=61662

very cool pic
http://www.bymnews.com/photos/displa...=568&pid=73814

Last edited by stpetesal; 11-05-2009 at 08:22 PM.
Old 11-07-2009, 12:54 AM

The wind the next week is looking horrible. Africa is all ready getting some cold fronts across the continent and that is a bad sign for us because it does not allow us to get the wind that is know for this area. On the flip side of that there is a surf break near the riders house were its dumping because of the front. The waves are double overhead and scary. I talked to a couple of the kiters that are going out and asked them if they were worried about the sharks because of the large population of seals in the area and they said hell no. The waves are huge all ready and it will be interesting to see how big they get as the front blows through.
The Girl Sjoukje Bredenkamp has her own website and is one tough chick. When we ride she is throwing down harder than most of the guys and she takes some pretty hard wipeouts like the guys. There are some other girls that are getting close to her in speed and she was telling me that they have some amazing talent. One being this girl Charlot from FRA and another Sophia also from FRA. They both rip and have seen them going real fast. Melisa Gill from the US is going to be here in a week and I am real excited to see what speeds she brings to the table. When Melisa was in FRA there was not to much wind so this will be a test of what the ladies can do in allot of wind. Sjoukje told me that she is gunning for 50knts in 500M and her PR is 45knts. So we will see what happens.
As for me i am just laying low, stretching, and getting my mind right for the weeks ahead.
Peace from Africa
Old 11-08-2009, 08:26 PM

good luck mike, i have a newfound respect for what you are trying to do. I decided to put on my gps today and make a few speed runs at lassing. I hit 30 knots a few times and it felt like a hundred and thirty!! I also ate s%#t going 30 knots and it knocked the wind out of me!! Much respect for trying to go almost twice that speed!! Have fun and be safe

Chad