FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > General Discussion > HOW TO START, Kiteboarding Training & Schools > HOW TO START ...
Connect with Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/rick.iossi

Old 09-08-2005, 09:16 PM

Default Questions about Cabrinha Access ...Please help.

Hello all. I have had a few lessons up in Cape Cod which were done with a slingshot fuel. I decided I wanted to start with a Cabrinha Access and started looking around. I found one on e-bay at a price I could not pass up and picked it up. It came today, I inflated it to check everything out and I came up with 2 questions that I am hoping someone can help me with....

#1 - On the Fuel that I took the lessons with, you connected the lines directly to the pigtails at the wingtips of the kite.......two on the leading edge and two on the trailing edge. Well the ones on the leading edge look exactly as I expect them to, but the ones on the trailing edge are about 3 ft. long and connect to two points on the flag through rivets that it looks like will flatten the kite if the back lines are pulled. This concerned me a teeny bit because it seemed like if the flying lines are the same length it will be difficult to power up the kite? I have not laid the lines out yet so I do not know if this is the case, but I figured someone with experience might be able to help me.

#2 - On e-bay the kite was listed as a 2003........on the kite....it has the manufacturing date as 2003. But the bag and kite and lines say that it is recon equipped. I was under the impression that the recon did not really come around until 2004? What is the deal with that. Any help will be greatly apprecciated. Thanks

Jac White
Old 09-08-2005, 09:16 PM

Default Questions about Cabrinha Access ...Please help.

Hello all. I have had a few lessons up in Cape Cod which were done with a slingshot fuel. I decided I wanted to start with a Cabrinha Access and started looking around. I found one on e-bay at a price I could not pass up and picked it up. It came today, I inflated it to check everything out and I came up with 2 questions that I am hoping someone can help me with....

#1 - On the Fuel that I took the lessons with, you connected the lines directly to the pigtails at the wingtips of the kite.......two on the leading edge and two on the trailing edge. Well the ones on the leading edge look exactly as I expect them to, but the ones on the trailing edge are about 3 ft. long and connect to two points on the flag through rivets that it looks like will flatten the kite if the back lines are pulled. This concerned me a teeny bit because it seemed like if the flying lines are the same length it will be difficult to power up the kite? I have not laid the lines out yet so I do not know if this is the case, but I figured someone with experience might be able to help me.

#2 - On e-bay the kite was listed as a 2003........on the kite....it has the manufacturing date as 2003. But the bag and kite and lines say that it is recon equipped. I was under the impression that the recon did not really come around until 2004? What is the deal with that. Any help will be greatly apprecciated. Thanks

Jac White