FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > SE Florida And The Keys Forum > Session Report!
Connect with Facebook

Old 02-03-2009, 06:40 PM

Default Any Yak kiters in the Miami/Keys area

Hey,

I have tons of sandbars and easy access kiting areas off of the bayside of the Florida Keys. These areas all are easily accessible with a Kayak. There is no real beach access Bayside. Unless you go to the west coast, bayside access is the only way to really kite a Westerly wind component

But you need a boat to get at it. But dont be disocuraged, its so close you could practicaly wade your kite out and kite anything west.

Anyway, long story short, Im a whole hearted people power person. Meaning motor boats...blah! Workin' a kayak to your favorite kite spot cant be beat.

If anyone else with Kayaks is interested in getting together on those days let me know. We can get a small crew together. I have a Scuba setup with an air hose.

Just some thoughts, I can kite it alone but company is always better.
Old 02-04-2009, 01:44 PM

Trouble, I am a newb kiter who used to spend a lot of time kayak fishing down in the keys and on the west coast. Would love to get together and hit some spots. Am at the board start stage and spending more time down on the flats will help my learning curve. Let me know.
Old 02-04-2009, 07:34 PM

Hey Chef.

Cool. I usually kite on weekends. I get away sometimes during the week but mostly local beaches due to time. Ill PM you my email and just get in touch anytime you want to give it a shot. I can email you some Google earth shots of some pretty cool spots yet to be tested. Farily close to shore.

So we keep an eye on the forecast and just email from their. Email anytime.

Best to know if you can stay upwind yet. Some of the sandbar areas are not huge and some are. We will figure something out. I dont want you drifting out into the big blue so we can talk more about what you feel comfy with.