FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > MAIN FORUM > Kite Events And Competitions > *** Past KB Events! *** > Naples Pier To Pier Race !!!
Connect with Facebook

Old 11-28-2007, 06:25 PM

Default Pier to pier race fort Myers to Naples, up date 12/1 12/2

Pier to pier race fort Myers to Naples, up date 12/1 12/2

72 hour notice
We are checking the wind for this weekend 12/1 -12/2 but as of Wednesday 28th of November it is not looking good but we will keep checking the weather and give you a 36 hour update.

Weather Underground
Naples, Florida

Thursday
East winds 5 to 10 knots. Seas 2 feet or less. Bay and inland waters a light chop. Slight chance of showers through the day.
Thursday Night
Northeast winds around 5 knots. Seas 2 feet or less. Bay and inland waters smooth. Slight chance of showers.
Friday
Northeast winds around 5 knots. Seas 2 feet or less. Bay and inland waters smooth.
Friday Night
Northeast winds 5 to 10 knots. Seas 2 feet or less. Bay and inland waters a light chop. Slight chance of showers.
Saturday
East winds 5 to 10 knots. Seas 2 feet or less. Bay and inland waters a light chop.
Saturday Night
East winds 5 to 10 knots. Seas 2 feet or less. Bay and inland waters a light chop.
Sunday
Southeast winds 5 to 10 knots. Seas 2 feet or less. Bay and inland waters a light chop.
Sunday Night

Noaa: Point Forecast: Naples FL
26.16N -81.8W

Thursday: A slight chance of showers. Partly cloudy, with a high near 82. East wind around 6 mph becoming calm. Chance of precipitation is 10%.

Thursday Night: A 10 percent chance of showers. Partly cloudy, with a low around 67. Calm wind becoming east around 5 mph.

Friday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 82. Light north wind.

Friday Night: A 10 percent chance of showers. Partly cloudy, with a low around 66. East wind between 5 and 7 mph.

Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 82. East wind between 6 and 8 mph.

Saturday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 64. East wind around 8 mph.

Sunday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 82. East wind around 7 mph.

Sunday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 64. East wind between 3 and 5 mph.

enrique
iko instructor #3301
Naples kite boarding lessons , gear , kite trip , rentals
http://www.naplespaddleboardingrentals.com/
Naples paddleboard rentals-kayak tours -summer camp -meet up -news
http://www.naplespaddleboard.com/

naples,marcos island,bonita beach,san carlo, fort myers
Store 953 3rd ave north naples Florida
239-601-2700
Old 11-29-2007, 08:03 AM

I know that you are looking at a good down wind race, but.... it looks like this year might not be a great W or NW wind year. Do you have any locations that you can ride N, NE, or E winds? If so, maybe you could do some sort of long distance race in Sanibel or something. In looking at your site I noticed that you already have t-shirts, etc. It looks like you have some investment already so I just want to make sure that we can get something going for you.

I think everyone appreciates the efforts of those that are running events. While down wind races are killer, maybe you can do something a bit different that originally planned. I remember that we got "tampa bay crossing" shirts the first year of the race, but due to the conditions we really didn't "cross the bay". No biggie, everyone had tons of fun and the second year of the event was totally killer!

I was looking at google earth and saw that you have tons of options around the Sanibel cswy. It looks like you have good options for all winds. if you had to you could set a triangle race using natural or marine marks. i remeber racing windsurfers on the cswy for years. This is a great location. if you do opt to do a long distance like this, i would make the course a total length of 8-10 miles depending on the up wind.

At any rate, i hope you get your event off, but it looks like it will be bumping up against the Jupiter event soon. you may be ok given that you are both looking for different wind directions.

Good luck and i hope to see you on the west coast soon.

Kent
Old 11-30-2007, 05:47 AM

Post 36 hour notic

36 hour notice
we are checking the wind for this weekend -12/2 but as of Friday 11/30 of November it is not looking good but we will keep checking.

Weather forecasts for Naples Florida

Today
East winds 5 to 10 knots. Seas 2 feet or less. Bay and inland waters a light chop. Slight chance of showers through the day.
Tonight
Northeast winds 5 to 10 knots. Seas 2 feet or less. Bay and inland waters a light chop. Slight chance of showers in the evening.
Saturday
Saturday Night
Near shore...east winds 5 to 10 knots...seas 2 feet or less. Well offshore...east winds 5 to 10 knots becoming around 15 knots after midnight...seas 2 feet or less building to 2 to 4 feet after midnight. Bay and inland waters a light chop.
Sunday
East winds 10 to 15 knots becoming 5 to 10 knots in the afternoon. Seas 2 feet or less. Bay and inland waters a light chop.
Sunday Night
Northeast winds 5 to 10 knots. Seas 2 feet or less. Bay and inland waters a light chop.

Noaa
Point Forecast: Naples FL
26.16N -81.8W

Today: A slight chance of showers between 9am and 1pm. Partly cloudy, with a high near 83. East wind 6 to 9 mph becoming west. Chance of precipitation is 10%.

Tonight: A 10 percent chance of showers before 1am. Partly cloudy, with a low around 67. North wind 5 to 8 mph becoming east.

Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 83. East wind between 6 and 9 mph.

Saturday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 67. East wind around 9 mph.

Sunday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 82. East wind between 3 and 8 mph.

Sunday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 65. Light northeast wind.
iko instructor #3301
Naples kite boarding lessons , gear , kite trip , rentals
http://www.naplespaddleboardingrentals.com/
Naples paddleboard rentals-kayak tours -summer camp -meet up -news
http://www.naplespaddleboard.com/

naples,marcos island,bonita beach,san carlo, fort myers
Store 953 3rd ave north naples Florida
239-601-2700