FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > MAIN FORUM > ** KITER BUZZ **
Connect with Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/rick.iossi

Old 05-02-2011, 06:52 PM

Default Grand Turk Kiting - Turks & Caicos

I ended up on Grand Turk last month for work & searched all over online before going to find out kiting details - didn't find anything other than on the main island out of Providinciales. However, once on the island I went all up/down the windward side looking for suitable launch locations - the best I could find was on the very NE corner at a horse farm where they take the cruise ship crowd to ride & swim with the horses. The guys at the farm told me 'no worries' on beach use, outside of cruise ship tour hours, which is fine because they wrap up in the early afternoon. The beach is ample, the flat water inside the reef is really wide, but shallow (wear booties) & trade winds hit at a nice angle. I didn't see tons of potential for developing a kiting destination, but if your on island - it's worth bringing a kite.

Rick - I was also on Cayman & the lionfish ceviche at Tukka was pretty good - could have gone for some bigger portions, so I made up for it with three orders.... I actually launched from in front of the restaurant, down where they have the tables on the 10 sq meters of sand, a bit tricky but worth the effort.
Old 05-03-2011, 02:17 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

I am glad you found a launch on Grand Turk, have yet to make it to the T & C myself. It is on the list though!

It is a tasty ceviche, sorry the portions were small. Mine was good sized but I was there late in the day. Then again, that is 3+ fewer lionfish on the Cayman reefs, well done! There is a park not too far to the east of the restaurant that makes a good launch. They do have a lot of rock outcrops along parts of Grand Cayman that complicate shoreside operations.

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi

Tags
grand turk, travel, turks and caicos