FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > SE Florida And The Keys Forum > What's happening?
Connect with Facebook

Old 02-23-2006, 08:46 AM

Default This weekends forecast

Can someone help me understand this weekends forecast. I guess friday its going to be pretty standard E but what about Sunday ... it looks N ... can you kite in Crandon with that kind of wind????
Old 02-23-2006, 02:18 PM
Can't Re-member

NO, you cannot kite in Crandon/ nor Miami on a North. You have to wait at least until it goes NNE
Old 02-23-2006, 02:27 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

Default Re: This weekends forecast

Quote:
Originally Posted by highroller
Can someone help me understand this weekends forecast. I guess friday its going to be pretty standard E but what about Sunday ... it looks N ... can you kite in Crandon with that kind of wind????
Raul has it right. Crandon begins to open up with NE winds otherwise the wind passes over land first and both drops in speed and becomes gusty. North is side offshore at Matheson.

I would check the forecast as it seems to be changing frequently at:
http://www.srh.noaa.gov/mfl/marine.php

But ... it could be an EXCELLENT time for a roadtrip. Jupiter should be great and Ft. Pierce perhaps even better with northwinds. They are talking about some strong winds, 20 to 25 kts. north on Sunday, strong Intermediate riders or more experienced for this stuff.

And ... Tampa Bay may still go off with the first ever Bay Downwinder and Neil should be putting on another Boardercross event there.

So, why not see some more of the riding our great state has to offer?!

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi
Old 02-23-2006, 03:23 PM

sounds like a plan .thanks for the info .... I will be driving to Jupiter of Ft. Piece then .....

can someone please recommend me spots over there for N wind since I have never gone there .... thank you very much in advance, and if anyone wants to share a ride let me know ....
Old 02-23-2006, 03:56 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by highroller
sounds like a plan .thanks for the info .... I will be driving to Jupiter of Ft. Piece then .....

can someone please recommend me spots over there for N wind since I have never gone there .... thank you very much in advance, and if anyone wants to share a ride let me know ....
You could get in touch with Greg K. in Ft. Pierce via PM to GK or through his website at: http://www.tckiteboard.com/

In north winds, the guys usually launch to the south of the south jetty for Ft. Pierce Inlet. The seas are calmer in there and a bit further out you get some nice waves from the inlet and reef areas.

Regarding Jupiter, you could get in touch with Jeremy at Jupiter Kiteboarding , http://jupiterkiteboarding.com/ Kite beach is located about 3/4 mile north of the Juno Beach fishing pier and well south of Jupiter Inlet. You can see a lot of photos of the launch area and conditions in the photo coverage of past Jupiter Kiteboard Invasion articles on this site.

Ft. Pierce may be a bit easier to get offshore as you have the protection of the inlet/jettys. Jupiter may have more of a heavy shorebreak in the predicted conditions. Rig well for the winds, ride safe and have fun!

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi
Old 02-23-2006, 03:59 PM

As always thanks Rick for your detailed explanations !!!!!!