FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > What's going on?
Connect with Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/rick.iossi

Old 08-25-2008, 09:02 AM

Thanks for posting that link.

This guy is lucky to be alive and should count his blessings. I'm glad he is ok, but he def. sounds like an idiot saying he would go back out, next time won't be exactly the same, so at what point is "coming in earlier" when you can't predict the wind?

This guy had a chance to really get in front of a camera and explain this situation and could have eased alot of peoples minds about our sport and his actions, he really dropper the ball.

Its especially bad when the reporter weather man warn the viewers!
Old 08-25-2008, 09:04 AM

Great to get that cleared up alittle. Putting pressure on the manufacturers to stop this crap would also be a plus. I saw alot of stuff that has to do with this thread when I worked at Best. I tried to change it but was very hard to do to a company that just cared about sales. Any joe-blow could sell Best kites on the beach by calling them and stateing that they wanted to be a retailer. You didn't even have to know how to kite or have a retail shop which is still the situation. At one time I found out that they (Best) were going to let a jet ski repair shop be a retailer. None of the guy there even new how to kite. They had actually gone to the shop that was a retailer and asked to barter for lessons and gear in trade for jet ski repairs. When the shop said no, the guys went home and called Best and said how do we become a retailer and Best said "your a retailer now". I put a stop to it but not without a struggle to get them to realize what they were doing was wrong. We must put some blame where blame is due. They still sell to anyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiteboarding Tampa Bay View Post
I look forward to it H, I respect and value your knowledge and opinion. Have a good trip!

My reference to retailers had much more to do with the non-kiters operating out of their cars- with no respect, knowledge, or concern for the local scene.
Seeing gear being sold up and down the beach at non kiting related businesses(surf shops)should be a concern of everyone. Surf shops can blow out gear to anyone and have nothing to lose if we get banned.
Old 08-25-2008, 09:28 AM

that look the weatherman had when they cut to him during the interview was classic!

Area Launches: http://tinyurl.com/284jfa

Last edited by bryanleighty; 08-25-2008 at 11:41 AM.
Old 08-25-2008, 10:08 AM

I feel bad for the dude, no doubt. Bad stuff happens, and we take a risk in this and any sport, but come on, he didn't help any of us out. Kiteboarding just became a little more mainstream, but not in a good way.
Sorry he got screwed up, and not to be a di_k, but I'm glad I didn't make a donation to the website that's advertised. The money won't be helping him make a clearer decision in the future.
Old 08-25-2008, 10:10 AM

Default after watching GMA ...

i wish the dude had done us all a favor and declined to be interviewed

os/sarasota
Old 08-25-2008, 10:20 AM

Default old school

at first i thought as you did old school but then i was even going to suggest that the only way i would make a donation to his medical fund is if he agreed to wired his jaw shut!!!! but after thinking about the interview and watching what an excellent job GMA did at their questions they clearly showed that kitesurfing is not dangerous but kevin is clearly dangerous. i hope he keeps running his mouth off and show just how stupid and careless he is...awsome keep it up buddy!!!
Old 08-25-2008, 11:26 AM
Flaccid Member

Thumbs down

I made a modest donation, and am sorry I did it now......That is just depressing.
Old 08-25-2008, 12:00 PM

Default wolf man

your heart is in the right place brother...turns out he is a moron that did not learn anything....try and get your money back if possible....lets kite soon....al kite ah
Old 08-25-2008, 12:21 PM

you know its not a great interview from a kiters perspective when the weather man says "This will be the most talked about segment of the day"...
Old 08-25-2008, 12:49 PM

Thumbs down i'm just about ready to quit this forum rick!

i just hope this guys voice stays in that hilarious falsetto.
that is poetic justice.
"here turtle, turtle"
Rick I,
why r u supporting this guys actions by saying "it could happen to any of us."?
i don't get it.