FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > SE Florida And The Keys Forum > Session Report!
Connect with Facebook

Old 04-26-2010, 08:09 PM

knock on wood....knock knock....Wind comin this weekend again. Fri/Sat 15-20 E-SE
Old 06-10-2010, 02:27 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

Wind the last two days in early June too???! It was gusting around 20 kts. last night, clear sunny conditions as well. Wonder if it will happen again tonight?

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi
Old 06-22-2010, 12:35 PM

Wind looks like its back for a few days.

What is the current process for riding at Matheson, now that there are new regulations in place? I don't want to rush out of work to get out there only to find that I'm not able to ride...any information that I should be aware of would be great.

Thanks.
Old 06-22-2010, 01:16 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

Breeze is here, unusual for June. Seems to be in the low to mid teens currently. As hot and clear as it seems to be we may get some thermals to boost things even higher as the day goes on. The breeze is related to a tropical wave, hope things stay calm in the hurricane department as always.

Here's the forecast:

Today...East winds 14 to 17 knots. Seas 3 to 5 feet. Intracoastal waters a moderate chop. Chance of showers and thunderstorms.

Tonight...East winds 14 to 19 knots. Seas 3 to 5 feet. Intracoastal waters choppy in exposed areas. Slight chance of showers and thunderstorms.

Wednesday...East winds 14 to 19 knots. Seas 4 to 6 feet. Intracoastal waters choppy in exposed areas. Chance of showers and thunderstorms.

Wednesday Night...East winds 14 to 19 knots. Seas 4 to 6 feet. Intracoastal waters choppy in exposed areas. Slight chance of showers and thunderstorms.

Thursday...East winds 13 to 18 knots. Seas 3 to 5 feet. Intracoastal waters choppy in exposed areas. Chance of showers and thunderstorms.

Thursday Night...East winds 14 to 17 knots. Seas 3 to 5 feet. Intracoastal waters a moderate chop. Chance of showers and thunderstorms.

Friday...East winds 11 to 14 knots. Seas 2 to 3 feet. Intracoastal waters a moderate chop. Chance of showers and thunderstorms.
http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...fl&zmx=1&zmy=1

I would guess there will be some squalls moving through at points so check the normal weather resources and keep an eye open at the launch.

ps - I will ask Kent to make a post about Matheson. Just hung up with him and posted an update to: http://fksa.org/showthread.php?p=45802#post45802

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi
Old 06-24-2010, 08:41 PM

Sweet few days! Been cookin on a 10 meter in solid 20 knots all day. What an unexpected but nice surpirise for the end of June. I had my gear all packed away for the summer.
Old 06-28-2010, 05:51 AM

That was a really nice week last week. Wind everyday since Tuesday. I think the Keys got 1 or 2 extra days of wind through the weekend.

I hope everybody got a chance to get at least a day off and ride. I recall 2 years ago we got a good first week of June, last year it shut down for good in May. Maybe a sign of a few good summer days to get us through the off-season.
Old 06-28-2010, 09:27 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

Glad you got some good sessions in. I waited until quiting time and was pretty much skunked through the whole time. Could have gone out but with beach winds going from 7.5 to 12 mph near onshore with 3 to 4 ft. seas, it was doable at times but not necessarily a lot of fun. The further south you went, the better conditions were. Even going from Boca Raton to Ft. Lauderdale on Saturday brought the winds up into a more useable range. As far south as the lower Keys, things really improved substantially.

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi
Old 07-20-2010, 10:28 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

NICE wind tonight, waves were pretty fun too. Who else got some? Looks like more on the way too.

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi
Old 07-20-2010, 11:44 PM

Smokin' in the Keys today.....again.

Solid 20 knots all day. Never seen it be solid all day in the summer. Even had a few systems move through during the day that pushed it to 25-30 solid for about 20 minutes a piece. Wierd, no real squal line, just a few slightly grey clouds and it went from 20 to 25-30 knots just like that.

Had a week of solid riding in June and now this. Guess its making up for our crappy season. Wierd kiting in hot 20 knot winds.
Old 07-21-2010, 04:35 AM

Default Key West

The wind has been amazing down here this Summer, easily the best Summer season in years, lets hope this continues .....

Greg