FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > MAIN FORUM > ** KITER BUZZ **
Connect with Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/rick.iossi

Old 02-04-2009, 11:06 PM

Question Yarga Launch Issues

Ok so i got a Best Yarga 17m recently and have had pure frustration with it! I love riding behind it but the problem is once it hits the water....it stays there! I also have a difficult time launching with out someone else holding up. For some reason i just cant get the kite to roll onto its side for a good launch.

I was wondering if maybe adding a 5th line could help me with this. Or if anyone else has had similiar issues or tips.
Old 02-05-2009, 06:31 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

You haven't had this problem much previously with other kites, right? If it has been an issue, there are various techniques to get them into position and relaunch. If haven't had this issue with other kites, you should make sure your Yarga isn't supposed to be rigged with a fifth line. I think the 2005 kites were intended to have 5th lines. If you look at the center of the outer surface of the leading edge and you see a short nylon loop with nothing attached to it, it should be rigged with a 5th line.

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi
Old 02-05-2009, 11:46 AM

Yes it does have the loop for the fifth line, but all the kites ive previously flown and used always were 4 and my control bar is 4 lines. I wasnt aware that a fifth line was required for the Yarga.

Since that appears to be the case and im tired of fighting the d**** thing with 4 lines can i just get a simple conversion kit or will i need a whole new bar?
Old 02-05-2009, 11:47 AM

and no i havent had the issue with previouse kites....the yarga's leading edge is just so flat it just sticks to the water. about the only time i can get it to relaunch is if i swim/run towrads it as i pull on the back lower lines.
Old 02-05-2009, 12:31 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

The 2004 Yargas didn't need a 5th line the 2005's were designed to use one. You have my sympathy, learned that one the hard way myself on the way to Bimini. Anyway, get in touch with Best and they should be able to hook you up with a sleaved 5th line specific for that kite. It should attach to your existing bar. The 17 m, same size I had, is a large kite. The extra support at the leading edge can do a lot of good. Check it out, it should help with this problem.

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi
Old 02-07-2009, 01:55 AM

I actually just pulled up the m0del of my kite online...turns out the kite that i was told was an '05 is actually an '04 (old or not i got to good of a deal on it) therefore im guessin i dont ACTUALLY need the 5th line....

but needed or not i still cant get the damned thing into the air after it hits the water...

anyone else have the same problem with the larger sized yarga's?

Tags
yarga kite help launch