FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > MAIN FORUM > ** KITER BUZZ **
Connect with Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/rick.iossi

Old 10-25-2006, 08:58 PM
ruffridah89

Default For all the people who care

....this is for you!
Iv just read(www.kiteforum.com) that the father of the "missing teen" will be aired tomorrow through a podcast from www.thekiteboarder.com.
I bet he would greatly appreciate if each and every one of you listen to his dire need of finding his son.
later,
Danny
Old 10-26-2006, 07:34 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

Default Re: For all the people who care

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwiar2000
....this is for you!
Iv just read(www.kiteforum.com) that the father of the "missing teen" will be aired tomorrow through a podcast from www.thekiteboarder.com.
I bet he would greatly appreciate if each and every one of you listen to his dire need of finding his son.
later,
Danny
Thanks for posting this. There is a very good chance that Kyle is still in our area, that is in Miami. When wind comes this weekend, he may well be at the launch. Given that strong winds out of the SW are predicted for Saturday, this could mean Hobie Beach. So please keep an eye out and help if you can.

BTW, Hobie Beach in SW winds has a bad history of nasty loftings and injuries in gusty winds and squalls. Be careful if you decide to ride at Hobie and try to launch and land well away from shore and don't mess with squalls or excessively gusty winds. Most of the victims have been riding inside the out of bounds swimming area marked by the buoys.

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi
Old 10-26-2006, 09:06 PM
ruffridah89

Sounds good, Rick. I will let all my local riders know whats going on.
We will keep on eye out this weekend.
And on the Hobie beach location: I never launched at that area because it always gets full in great days, its too close to the Freaking Miami SeaAquariam globe thingy, and yeah, i just dont like it.
I might go to Crandon or matheson.
By the way, do kitesurfers have access to Virginia Key???
Old 10-26-2006, 09:12 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwiar2000
Sounds good, Rick. I will let all my local riders know whats going on.
We will keep on eye out this weekend.
And on the Hobie beach location: I never launched at that area because it always gets full in great days, its too close to the Freaking Miami SeaAquariam globe thingy, and yeah, i just dont like it.
I might go to Crandon or matheson.
By the way, do kitesurfers have access to Virginia Key???
Re: Virginia Key, maybe. I have been worried about an outright ban there for about four years, they have threatened often enough particularly after one of us gets lofted into a tree, scares bystanders during launch or riding inside the out of bounds swimming area, etc.. I usually only went there for NE to E to S winds btw.

Still, it may be possible currently. The launch has been drifing further to the E, NE over the years away from the bathing areas. There are often close overhanging trees, a rough cobble beach and way to many bystanders for easy launching or landing unassisted and even with help. There are regular rock jetties that can make for additional hazards for launching during overpowered conditions.

Best advice grab a boat to the Flats as long as the storms don't look too bad. It is too early to say at this point. thekitehouse.com (miami) runs out there and Christophe with miamikiteboarding.com may run to the south of Key Biscayne and below Stiltsville if he has enough requests.

Have fun

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi