FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > What's going on?
Connect with Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/rick.iossi

Old 01-09-2007, 11:03 AM
tomstock

Default Red Tide Eyes

Red Tide will be here this summer... so I think I found a solution to the burning bloodshot eyes. Goggles. Yeah, I know, gay right. But if snow boarders and freestyle mxrs and bmxrs can wear them, we can too. And they double as sun glasses, plus you can wear glasses underneath them. If I get prescription lenses for these things I'll be able to see Right now I ride without my glasses so I can't see sh$t. Stay far away!

http://oakley.com/o/o3629d

Worst case you can all make fun of me and call me a kook. I'll even get them in pink if it'll help you bust a gut.
Old 01-09-2007, 11:22 AM

i had some similar and they were kinda a pain. they would fog up on me quickly.. if they have some venting holes, that might make a world of difference..
i used to tweak mine a bit to leave a gap to let air in to clear the fog and dry any water that gets in there from a crash.

Area Launches: http://tinyurl.com/284jfa
Old 01-09-2007, 11:29 AM

Default get a leash!

My eyes get trashed sometimes so I tried the Sea Specs. Totally not worth it. #1 They are just regular sun glasses but they are realy good sunglasses!
#2 they fogged up alot.
#3 I lost two pair because the strap broke! One descent size wave or big crash and they're gone. The only way to be sure to keep them is to use some kind of leash. They would , however , be the perfect accessory to compliment the biggest gear head . Add the retractable board leash-impact vest-helmet -weight lifting gloves/hand protector-footees- wet suit-camel back-h20 ipod-6" knife-and your set!
Seriously though, I've resorted to just using cheap $2-3 sunglasses. they block the sun and water and doesnt matter if you loose them. As far as corrective eye wear, Stack, have you thought about Lasic?
Old 01-09-2007, 11:30 AM
tomstock

I used antifog sprays on my (other) goggles and it always worked great, except they didn't get wet inside... so I dunno there, you got me with that one.

Lasic causes astigmatism which would ruin my other hobby, astronomy.
Old 01-09-2007, 12:24 PM

Right on. usually after a long ocean sesh I'm ok, but when I go back out after a rest, my eyes just BURN! then for the rest of the night I see a white hayz! Cant be good!
Old 01-09-2007, 12:44 PM
tomstock

I think I'm gonna try a pair... actually I'll just try my MX goggles first before I plunk down $60 on these things.
Old 01-09-2007, 02:00 PM

Default Sunglasses

I actually bought some rip off Sea Specs off Ebay. They look just like the sea specs, and they are super cheap. Guy has a deal 3 for 30 bucks and 7 dollars to ship. I bought some and they are really nice. I wear them all the time when the sun is out. Plus they have other style glasses too, and for about 12 bucks each I wouldn't sweat at all if I lost them. Check it out.

http://cgi.ebay.com/KITEBOARDING-SUN...QQcmdZViewItem

RS
Old 01-09-2007, 03:18 PM

Thumbs up Thanks "gun"

that looks just like sea specs, but $12 a piece its alot better deal. Just what I was lookin for!
Old 01-09-2007, 03:21 PM

Default No prob

Yup, I have had my set for about 2 months now and i love them. I gave the other two pairs to my buddies and they like theres too. No issues with them all!

RS