FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > What's going on?
Connect with Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/rick.iossi

Old 06-15-2008, 09:49 PM

Default Cabrinha Demo with Damo

Damo will in town this Sunday, June 22 to show the newest design concept from Cabrinha Kiteboarding, IDS (Intelligent Depower System) see www.cabrinhakites.com for more info or check out ASNews.net for the latest podcast from Pete Cabrinha.

I don't expect much wind, but if there is we will post a location. At the very least, you will get a chance to ask Damo questions and check out the kites in person.
Old 06-16-2008, 07:19 AM

Thumbs up

Awesome stuff!

Cant wait for the new Switch4's to come out
Old 06-16-2008, 11:46 AM

so if there's no wind, will he be hanging out at the shop for the day? What time?
Old 06-16-2008, 12:04 PM

Yeah Amber....in absence of wind we will just host the demo at the shop. Damo will also have products from NPX as well.

He will not have the SB4's available, however, for those of you interested, the SB4's will have the new IDS technology. So it may be still something of interest.

Talking with John Modica at the Triple S, they are even going more wakestyle with the SB4 kite. Definately some changes on the horizon with that kite as well.

Contra's are going to be discontinued. The Crossbow 13 and 16 will replace the Contra 14 and 17 respectively.
Old 06-16-2008, 01:08 PM

Just got off the phone with Damo.

He will be at shop on Sunday 6/22 @ noon.

If we get a seabreeze in the afternoon, we will shoot down to the beach at throw up some kites. What beach will be determined.
Old 06-16-2008, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-O View Post
Damo will in town this Sunday, June 22 to show the newest design concept from Cabrinha Kiteboarding, IDS (Intelligent Depower System) see www.cabrinhakites.com for more info or check out ASNews.net for the latest podcast from Pete Cabrinha.

I don't expect much wind, but if there is we will post a location. At the very least, you will get a chance to ask Damo questions and check out the kites in person.
Can a dumb ass use the Intelligent Depower System? Cause I think I would really like to have one, but I'm not quite sure. I wish I could be there but I will be hung up in the DR. See you on the flip tell Damo I said hi. CW
Old 06-16-2008, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitey
I wish I could be there but I will be hung up in the DR.

Hey Whitey

Keep us posted on the wind condition !
5 more weeks to go for me :-) !
Old 06-18-2008, 08:06 PM

Gui, Landed at the airport yesterday at 2:25 had to put the fins and pads on the board and was on the water at 4:00 until 6:45 on the 10 meter and the DC 138 board. Just the most beautiful conditions to kite in I have ever experienced. 22kts of steady warm wind with sholder high waves in steady sets. Woke up this morning went surfing until noon then at 1:00 it started again and blew 22 to 24 kts until dinner at 7:15. You are going to love it here. 13 days to go. Craig
Old 06-18-2008, 09:17 PM

Talking yea baby !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
Gui, Landed at the airport yesterday at 2:25 had to put the fins and pads on the board and was on the water at 4:00 until 6:45 on the 10 meter and the DC 138 board. Just the most beautiful conditions to kite in I have ever experienced. 22kts of steady warm wind with sholder high waves in steady sets. Woke up this morning went surfing until noon then at 1:00 it started again and blew 22 to 24 kts until dinner at 7:15. You are going to love it here. 13 days to go. Craig
Thanks for the update Craig !

I have a reallllllllly good feeling about this trip !

DR DR DR DR DR DR !
Old 06-19-2008, 03:06 AM

you guys suck. ha ha. take pictures!!! We can put them on the website when you get back.

Steve-o, I will PM you with my digits so you can let me know about sunday. That's the only thing on my calendar. Of course I can take pics too for Damo if he needs/wants them. See ya then!