FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > What's going on?
Connect with Facebook

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-18-2006, 08:32 PM
tomstock

No reason for newbies to get defensive... I'm one too. I've only been riding for about a year and a half now. Yeah I can jump and do a few easy tricks, but in my book, less than 2 years means I'm still a beginner... so if I show up at a new spot and someone tells me it's a bad idea for me to ride there, you can bet your rear end I'll listen! A good example of this is St. Augustine. I haven't ridden there yet, but if I go out there and try to ride somewhere thats over my head (whether it be obstacles, current, whatever)... I expect someone to recommend a better spot and yeah I'll listen to them, no problem at all. I'd rather avoid a problem than become one.

When I started riding my instructor told me clearly where to ride and where NOT to ride. East beach and the skyway were the places to avoid. I did not ride there until I was "given the nod" by an experienced rider.