FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > What's going on?
Connect with Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/rick.iossi

Old 11-07-2012, 03:01 PM

Default New Kites?

I just started reading about all of the new 2013 gear in a gear guide.

Has anyone tried best TSv2 kite?
http://www.bestkiteboarding.com/TS-v2

Also, if anyone is buying new gear for 2013 season what are you looking at and why?

I have been seeing a lot of brands other than cab/slingshot/best/flex at the launches lately.

Thanks!
Old 11-08-2012, 01:00 PM

Thumbs up

Haven't seen the new Best's yet, but there's lots of choices out there.Saltwater Kite & Paddle next to Postcard Inn is a new Slingy dealer and will be servicing all my brands as well. I'll get a full list together soon- there's a lot!
I just got the 2013 Slingshot Rallys if you want to try them.

Johnny Mead over at Addictive Boardsports in St. Pete is a North Kites and Mutiny Kites dealer and has too much other stuff for me to keep up with. They have a quite a few brands of wake, surf, and SUP too.

One things for sure, more choices means better prices and service for everyone.

Lots of positive things happening around here lately and it's good to see area businesses working together.

Happy Kiting!
www.kiteboardingtampabay.com
Old 11-19-2012, 09:48 PM

Cabrinha kites dominate the launches of the Tampa Bay Area. These kites have been a staple not only at our launches but around the state.

Rock solid construction, bladders that perform year after year, excellent safety system, unmatched riding power per square meter, and incredible resale value. 2008 kites in good condition still fetch $400-$500. These kites are in demand worldwide with sometimes a 2-3 week waiting period to get one.

There is a kite in the line up for everyone.
Switchblade-best all around with emphasis on wake style
Crossbow-hang time, light wind, and racing powerhouse
Vector-do anything ease of use for the beginner
Drifter-the ultimate wave kite with fast turning and ability to float down the line
Chaos-C Kite performance for freestyle and kite loops

These kites have led the industry for years and keep Tampa Bay riders happy year after year.

If u haven't ridden a Cab in awhile, the refinements and improvements are noticeable. Hit us up for a demo kite anytime.

Stable, huge wind range, and a kite for any rider. 2013 Cabrinha has set the bar for what a kite should be.

We also deal with many many other brands, so let us know what u want and we will do our best to get it for u.

Our clients have bought Slinghot, Best, Ozone, Liquid Force, Flexifoil, and Naish.

Lots of good choices out there. Let us know what we can do to help.

Team Watersports West
Tampa Bays first and biggest selection
Open 6 days a week
Old 11-20-2012, 07:42 AM

Thumbs up Awesome!

Awesome!

Please make sure that your demo kites have the bridles attached and all necessary parts before letting a noob take them out of the shop. I had to try and help fix one of these last week at East Beach and he said was from your shop and that he was demoing it. His LF kite you repaired popped upon inflation, BTW.
In addition, this kid was teaching his friends on it, and none of them had a clue what they were doing. New instructor I guess?
Very uncool dude, and next time I will record it so you don't think I am just here stirring crap.

Not sure which model you sold my student J.M. before his lessons (I think it was a Vector), but the kite would not relaunch at all in 10 knots, so it's not as beginner friendly as you say it is. You can put that one off on my 10 years of "inexperience", and that I just don't know how to relaunch a kite.

Can you at least wait until they are done with their lessons to sell them gear so I don't have to deal with it?

Thanks,
Steve Sadler
Old 11-20-2012, 08:10 AM

And BTW, Moderator Squad-
We are facing some serious issues here in Tampa Bay between businesses. This is not time to be deleting posts as has been done in the past on here to protect one's friends or favorite brand, so I am screen shotting my posts and if they get deleted or altered in any way, I will be sharing on Facebook.
I know my limits on here- as long as you know yours we'll get along just fine.
See how easy getting along and working together is?
We should have done this years ago!

Thanks, and have an AWESOME day!
Steve Sadler
Old 11-24-2012, 08:50 PM

Default The insults continue

Steve Sadler, owner of Kiteboarding Tampa Bay, has a history lately of making bay area instructors look like the worst teachers/people on earth.

For the record, the students of WSW are some of the best kiters in the bay area and around Florida for that matter. We produce safe responsible kiters and take pride in every student we teach. Are they perfect.....not by a long shot.

The demo kite in question was a used kite for sale in the store. Apparently it was missing some pulleys. Likely the pulleys were stripped from the kite to help out a fellow kiter when they needed a part to get back on the water. The clients were super cool about the mistake and grabbed another kite to demo the next day.

Anyone that teaches kiteboarding knows that a newb is going to have a tough time in 10 knots or less. This was the case that day when Mr. Sadler witnessed these new kiters. They had lessons, can handle conditions in 15mph or more, but are still getting comfortable working in the light winds.

Regarding the repaired kite, the client was told two options. Replace the valve that failed or replace the whole bladder. They chose the less expensive option. When they inflated the kite, another valve failed. Anyone that spends anytime around older model kites knows that valves are big issues and a pain to deal with. The repair/valve I replaced is still holding strong today.

He has called my students half ass taught, older veteran riders disrepectful, and just about insulted anyone in the bay area that flies a Cabrinha kite.

Mr. Sadler the sand throwing is getting very old. The bay area kite scene is alive and well. They are lots of kiters having a great time at every launch. We still enjoy complete unrestricted access at over 15 different kiteboarding spots. We have some great instructors doing great work out there and everyone lends a helping hand. Please don't believe this gloom and doom about the bay area kite scene as painted by Mr. Sadler. If you don't believe it, come for a visit and enjoy some of the best kiting conditions Florida has to offer.

And if you want a lesson, there are plenty of great choices to choose from including Kiteboarding Tampa Bay.

Steve-O
Watersports West
Old 11-25-2012, 08:53 AM

It's not gloom and doom Steve-O- you are simply out of control and I am calling you on it.
I will address every bit of this and more in due time.
Enjoy!
Old 11-26-2012, 03:59 PM

Default Btw

Just to clarify, your student didn't buy the Cabrinha Vector from us.

We have never sold a 2012 or 2013 Vector to date.

Again false accusations on your part to make it look like the shop sells kites to students before they get lessons.

If you don't believe me, just ask your student where he got it from.

Truth hurts don't it!
Old 11-26-2012, 05:34 PM

Maybe it's the Wicked Witch of the West Skyway!!! (heard she's selling Cabs now bro)...
I will verify which model, and where he (and his wife) purchased their gear and get back to ya on that. Was almost certain he said WSW, but hey, I'm getting old and deaf ya know. (Don't let your lawyer quote me on that just yet, but I stand by my personal opinion that it sucked donkey balls for relaunching)

Your shop has sold kites before, and without, lessons for YEARS so please drop the responsible retailer crap. Untrue statements like that are why I never let up on you, haven't you figured that out yet? Geez man!

BTW, that was ME trying to relaunch the kite, not the "Bridle Brothers". Am I not experienced enough to relaunch a kite in 10 knots? There were definitely people riding, so it was probably even more than 10, but you get the point.
As far as the truth hurts comment, you know I have an endless supply of truth bombs, and I always save the best for last.
You sure you're up for this man?