FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > What's going on?
Connect with Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/rick.iossi
View Poll Results: do you think it would work????
looks awsome for wave riding 2 15.38%
nahh, it wouldnt work because.... 6 46.15%
umm..... i have no idea.....i just wanted to vote 5 38.46%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-07-2007, 07:25 PM

Default wakesurf ???

ive been searching around for a good wave solution for my quiver and most of the boards on the market are really expensive, i would consider spending the cash if i lived on the east coast where there are more waves but for the west coast we only get a good NW once a month if were lucky....
because of this i want a board that would be fun also in flat water, (so i really dont want a surf board)
i figure the best bet is some sort of a mutant style board...

... so when i stopped at WSW today i saw a wakesurf board for the first time... i guess they are made to surf behind a boat, but they look like they would rock in the surf with a kite, able to be ridden both ways, surf fins on side and a small fin on the other, the model i saw was about 150x50, thicker then a wakeboard but thinner then a surf board, double to single concave.... and if i got one i could put some NSI stick on binding inserts for straps...

just curious what everyone else thinks about the board, would it work well for dropping in on the wave and then using only the waves power to ride.....

http://www.liquidforce.com/surfers_venture.htm

(similar to the skywalker D-wave, only a little thicker)
Old 02-07-2007, 08:12 PM

Default wake surfer

the wakesurfers are a ton of fun but they really dont grip the water at all because they are meant to do alot of surface tricks. So if you got one maybe investing in some larger fins might make them a little more enjoyable kiteboarding
Old 02-07-2007, 08:53 PM

i think you are refering to a wakeskate, the wake surf actually has surf board fins (x3) on the back, there about 4" long, so youll have plenty of grip with them...
Old 02-07-2007, 09:55 PM

Default Wakesurfer

I was talking about the smaller wakesurfers. Companies like hyperlite and liquid force produce usually 2 models of wakesurfers one is the larger, thicker kind that is purely meant to cruise behind the boat on and has the large fins your talking about. The reason i didnt think you were talking about them is that they are pretty slow and unresponsive and therefore not much fun.
so my suggestion was to get the smaller model and put new fins on it so you could get the best of both boards.
Old 02-08-2007, 06:07 AM

I thought WSW had a board demo system available.. should be able to give one a whirl before having to lay down the full chunk of change..

ask Steve-o

Area Launches: http://tinyurl.com/284jfa
Old 02-08-2007, 06:46 AM

they due, its about 25 bucks a day, but i wont get the full effect since if i bought it i would put straps on it.... the next front we get im going to demo one...
i have the cash now to buy one since i just sold my aggression for almost what i payed for it 4 months ago
Old 02-08-2007, 07:26 AM

danny
have you tried the mako or mako pro?
Old 02-08-2007, 07:44 AM

Thumbs up Mako 150

Yeah Danny, if you are gonna lay dow the cash for one of those, I'd just pick up the Mako...You can ride the Mako on flat water too!!!
Old 02-08-2007, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toby wilson View Post
Yeah Danny, if you are gonna lay dow the cash for one of those, I'd just pick up the Mako...You can ride the Mako on flat water too!!!
lets see... new ocean rodeo mako... retails aruond 650-700.. probably get a deal on one for around 550 or so..... wake surf retails for under 300.....

i like the three hundred...... but the main reason is because i used to love surfing, i actually used to drive to cocoa beach twice a month to surf, so i want a board that not only can be ridden both ways, but will allow me to actually catch a wave and be able to ride the wave like a surf board would, with absulotely no pull from the kite, i dont think i could do that on a mako, its to narrow, my old surf board was 6'2" x 21.5"... the Venture is 5' x21", it has a single to duoble concave which will help going through the chop...
thanx for the input
ill try to demo one when we get another front, ill post on here when i do incase anyone else wants to try it (so we all dont have to pay for a demo)

BTW, have you seen teh new RRD Toxic Wave?
http://www.robertoriccidesigns.com/#...rds0.toxicWave
thats what i would really like
Old 02-08-2007, 09:56 AM

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno View Post
lets see... new ocean rodeo mako... retails aruond 650-700.. probably get a deal on one for around 550 or so..... wake surf retails for under 300.....

i like the three hundred......
Whatever, you can pay $300 for your board and possibly be sorry or pay a few hundred more and be 100% sure that you will have a board that performs great in the waves and chop. Also, you may want to demo one before you make the statement that you can't ride a wave on it...and there is never zero pull from the kite if you are flying one...I like the $550...and the peace of mind of knowing that you are getting something that gives a superior ride...you get what you pay for my friend!