FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > MAIN FORUM > Kite Events And Competitions > Upcoming Events!
Connect with Facebook

Old 12-09-2010, 09:54 AM

-
LATEST UPDATE -

Quote:
‎48hr Race Update: (Thursday 12/9) - Race postponed until weekend of 1/8 or 1/9 2011.
Here are the main links for the Event-

The Main event information - http://bit.ly/2010FLDwnWndr

The latest event updates - http://on.fb.me/KitetricityVoodoo

The Facebook Event Page - http://on.fb.me/DwnWndrEventPage

____
VIDEO: Kiteboarder Struck by Lightning
Old 12-13-2010, 10:27 AM

Do you think having this event on Surf Expo weekend may lower the attendance of the race? I would like to participate but wont be able to because I will have to be at the Expo.

Mike

Sandy Point Progressive Sports
Old 12-30-2010, 04:11 PM

Hey Mike...I am somewhat agreeing with you too...I am hoping that the winds blow more on Sunday, than Saturday..I know that the Expo will be from Thursday thur Saturday, and I was hoping to get everyone there on Sunday, if the winds do show up and stay for that weekend..If it does not happen that weekend, then keep looking back on the forum, because I am going to try and have this one of these "Weekends"...lol...Later Bro...
Old 02-09-2011, 01:11 PM

-
LATEST UPDATE -

Quote:
Hey Everyone. The forecast is looking good for Saturday, the 12th. It is still holding at 15 plus, out of the N or NNE. It showed that it will be stronger in the morning, but could be lighter later on in the day. Our plans are to do the Event/Race as early as possible, which means, it could be the first "Sunrise Downwind Race" of it's kind..So keep praying that the forecast holds, and that Mother Nature will bring us great winds. Feel free to contact me if you need any help. We are also looking for a "head count" if the forecast holds, so we can give the local bar a "heads-up" to bring staff in for the "after party"...Thanks.
Here are the main links for the Event-

The Main event information - http://bit.ly/2010FLDwnWndr

The latest event updates - http://on.fb.me/KitetricityVoodoo

The Facebook Event Page - http://on.fb.me/DwnWndrEventPage

____
VIDEO: Kiteboarder Struck by Lightning
Old 02-10-2011, 03:24 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

Things are looking encouraging in the forecast with a cold front on the way for Saturday:

"Friday Night...North winds 10 to 15 knots. Seas 3 to 5 feet. A light chop on the intracoastal waters.

Saturday...North winds 15 to 20 knots. Seas 3 to 5 feet. Choppy on the intracoastal waters. "

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...lb&zmx=1&zmy=1

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi
Old 02-11-2011, 01:06 AM

Here is a list of things to think about, if you are coming or just on the fence:

Prizes:

60 miles Open Ocean Downwinder:

1st Place ...Trophy and Swag
2nd Place...Trophy and Swag
3rd Place....Trophy and Swag
4th Place....Swag Bag
5th Place....Swag Bag
6th Place....Swag Bag
7th Place....Swag Bag
8th Place....Swag Bag
9th Place....Swag Bag
10th Place..Swag Bag

1st Place for 45 and older...60 miles...Trophy and Swag Bag

1st Place for Woman...60 miles...Trophy and Swag Bag

30 miles Open Ocean Downwinder:

1st Place...30 miles...Over All...Trophy and Swag Bag

1st Place for Woman...30 miles...Trophy and Swag Bag

1st Place for 45 and older...30 miles....Trophy and Swag Bag

1st Place for Junior...30 miles...Trophy and Swag Bag

BTW, don't forget about the Raffle, which we are giving away a 11' 6'' 2010 Amundson SUP, complete with an adjustable paddle.( in the box )..Tickets will be $5.00 each...

So PRAY for WIND...Please...This has been a year in the works/waiting/on hold..Time for Mother Nature to Step-Up and bring Us wind, here this Weekend

A.J. Morgan
Old 02-11-2011, 01:09 AM

48 hour Notice

There will be a 30 mile downwinder for those who think that they can not make it the whole 60 miles. The half-way point for that event/race will be at a place called Sebastian Beach Inn Restaurant (S.B.I) 7035 S. Highway A1A, Melbourne Beach, 321-728-4311. S.B.I is half-way from both directions, coming down from the north, or coming up from the south....

This will be the location for Our pre-party event on Friday night around 6ish or so...S.B.I. has good food and strong drinks, and it will be fun to see everyone that can make it...

The Start line with the wind direction they are forecasting will be at Cherie Down Park..that park is in Cocoa Beach on the corner of Ridgewood Ave and Washington Ave...The Finish line will be at the City Park at 17th E Causeway and A1A, in Vero Beach..There is a huge parking lot there, and the finish line will be on the beach, on the North side of the parking lot...

If you do the 60 mile part of the race, then you will need to make arrangements to get back to S.B.I. for the after party event..We will not be able to supply transportation...So bring a girlfriend, boyfriend, mom, dad, or just bring the whole family...

Be sure to bring a cell phone (water proof bag/phone) and some money (coins) to contact a ride from family members if you need a ride back, if you can't make the whole race...A1A will only be a block away from the beach at any given time...

It will be MANDATORY to contact me on my cell phone if you don't finish the Event....321-795-7626...Reason Why, So We will not have to send "Help/Rescue Crew" to find you...

There will be a Time Limit to this Event, and that will be discussed at the Skipper's Meeting...We are looking at least no more than 5 hours, then the race is over, time stops...

During the Skipper Meeting or even before, at the pre-party, if there are any questions, be sure to ask..If you want to ask before hand, feel free to contact me asap at 321-795-7626 or email me at info@kitetricity.com..

FYI, I am not god, and I am only going by what the forecast is telling me, just like you would, if you went out kiting for the day..We are looking at ikitesurf.com, wunderground.com, and other ones too.. So please not ask me "what the weather is going to do", "what you should do", etc.., just keep praying for the wind to hold, and then the Event/Race will be on, and you should be here...But I can help you with one thing for sure...Rule #1, ALWAYS bring ALL Your Kite Gear...lol...

***** Forecast as of 2/10/11 at 04:20 p.m on ikitesurf.com for the Cocoa Beach area, down to Vero Beach...North winds forecasted, with 14 to 17 mph winds...*****

A.J. Morgan
Old 02-11-2011, 10:22 AM

right on the edge. still looks a bit NNW or am i missing something? how many people are doing it?
Old 02-11-2011, 12:12 PM

Everything is showing NNW in the morning early, then going North after 11ish...
Old 02-11-2011, 12:15 PM

FYI...There will be a "Crew" of guys that will be coming down as the "Rescue Crew" for the Event/Race..These guys will not be Racing, but just bringing up the rear..They will have a set pace that they are shooting for, but it will not be a "All out Race"...They will be a few minutes behind the start, and will check on each Racer if you stop along the way, and do not finish...More info will be told at the Skipper Meeting tomorrow...There will be NO Rescue Boat/Jetski for this Event....

There will also be people there who are looking for "Rides back to their cars" in Cocoa Beach...Again, We will not be able to supply ANY transportation back to the Cocoa Beach area...What would be nice is to have cars driven from Cocoa Beach down to S.B.I...I am sure with some help from the local kiter's doing the 60 mile part of the Race, that the one's that need "rides back to their cars", can get a ride back to S.B.I. better than getting a ride all the way back up to Cocoa Beach...

Last year we put "Race Numbers" on the Riders on top of their hands for Shawn to see at the end of the Race..This year, since riders will be given a t-shirt for signing up, if ask that you wear them..We plan on putting your "Race Number" on your right shoulder sleeve...When we run out of t-shirts, then we will put the "Race Number" back on top of your right hand...

A.J. Morgan