FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > SE Florida And The Keys Forum > What's happening?
Connect with Facebook

Old 06-14-2006, 09:01 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

Default Late winds two days in a row!

Did many folks get out today? The winds were up, then a bit down then up again. Yesterday, the morning was good, (at work), come lunch time until early evening there was a thin line of powerful squalls running over southern Palm Beach County. It cleared up and the wind returned at about 8 pm for a twilight session. It hasn't been bad for summer so far.

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi
Old 06-14-2006, 10:35 PM
ruffridah89

nah. Not the same here in Miami. Im thinkin Saturday, sunday and monday will be gud. Just waitin for those summer breezes in July
Old 06-15-2006, 07:06 PM

Default Question about riding in miami/fort lauderdale areas

Hey people, just a quick question for miami/FT lauderdale riders, it seems there's gonna be some desent winds for this weekend and maybe next week, but the direction is straight East. Can anybody tell me the best locations for East winds in the area. Thanks
Old 06-15-2006, 08:16 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwiar2000
nah. Not the same here in Miami. Im thinkin Saturday, sunday and monday will be gud. Just waitin for those summer breezes in July
I hope the fresh breezes of July, absent tropical storms come through in spades for you (and us too!).

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi
Old 06-15-2006, 08:21 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

Default Re: Question about riding in miami/fort lauderdale areas

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpanzitta
Hey people, just a quick question for miami/FT lauderdale riders, it seems there's gonna be some desent winds for this weekend and maybe next week, but the direction is straight East. Can anybody tell me the best locations for East winds in the area. Thanks
East is pretty much dead onshore for the Ft. Lauderdale area and much of Miami Beach and Crandon Park. It can be more side onshore at Virginia Key Beach but the crowds, rocks and lack of room should govern concerns at this fairly technical and not real safe launch. Matheson Hammock in Miami can be sideshore if you walk north into the shallows away from land.

I would have a hard look at the NWS zone forecast and head to where the best winds are predicted to occur.

Good luck,

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi
Old 06-16-2006, 06:00 PM
ruffridah89

yea, there is gonna be average winds for this weekend. I checked it out in rsmas and windguru. 10-15knts. Not too shabby. I live in the Miami area, and Rick has it: Matheson may be the only with East winds. Im going there myself. Just walk beyond the boueys and ur good to go!
later,
Danny
Old 06-18-2006, 11:42 AM

I was lucky enought to catch a 3 hr session @ Boynton Inlet (south side) yesterday 6-17 from 4-7pm . Fantastic conditions!!! NNE 13-17knots almost butter flat water. There were a tons of boats searching for live baits near the inlet. Gr8 obsticals to BOOST over

Currently there are a line of storms working there way to the coast and it's shut the wind down
Old 06-19-2006, 08:50 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIGHFLYN
I was lucky enought to catch a 3 hr session @ Boynton Inlet (south side) yesterday 6-17 from 4-7pm . Fantastic conditions!!! NNE 13-17knots almost butter flat water. There were a tons of boats searching for live baits near the inlet. Gr8 obsticals to BOOST over

Currently there are a line of storms working there way to the coast and it's shut the wind down
You were fortunate to make it out. It sounds like a great session and in summer. I was tied up all day Saturday so it was in the cards for me.

Have you worked those great ground swells that sweep south across the inlet with NE winds and cold fronts? I have driven by a few times but have yet to time it out . It looks outstanding!

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi
Old 06-21-2006, 07:43 PM

SYNOPSIS FOR JUPITER INLET TO OCEAN REEF OUT TO 60 NM 309 PM EDT WED JUN 21 2006

SYNOPSIS

AN UPPER ATMOSPHERE TROUGH OF LOWER PRESSURE NORTHEAST OF THE
BAHAMAS IS EXPECTED TO DEVELOP A SURFACE LOW EAST OF THE FLORIDA
PENINSULA THURSDAY. THIS WILL RESULT IN A NORTHEAST WIND FLOW
ACROSS THE COASTAL WATERS OF MAINLAND SOUTH FLORIDA THROUGH THE
UPCOMING WEEKEND ALONG WITH NORMAL AFTERNOON SEA BREEZES NEAR THE
COASTS.

I couldn't be more true :lol:
I just got back form Lake Worth (North Side) it it was a blast kited for a solid 1.5hrs
It only got better as the sunset~ I sure hope NOAA is correct and it puff's up again tomorrow afternoon. This time I bring more then my light-wind board :roll:

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Rick
Have you worked those great ground swells that sweep south across the inlet with NE winds and cold fronts? I have driven by a few times but have yet to time it out . It looks outstanding!
Ahhh that it is Rick~ It's a GR8 place to kite in the fall when the NE B-L-O-W-S
The north jetty cuts down the surface chop and it can be a fairly glassy swell to carve and boost off of. But it's a critical launch and landing area since they've install the rock groins. Add in A1A and the Power lines and :shock:
This is an adrenalin sport right :P