FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > What's going on?
Connect with Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/rick.iossi

Old 08-07-2008, 01:27 AM

Default Kite 4 Cancer

Hope everyone is having a good summer, wind will be back soon, i finished some summer classes and decided to head out to san francisco to visit Tripp Hobbs. If you can get a chance hit this place up, i came here last summer for the course racing at chrissy field (garbage) but the places around it like the delta and waddel are insane, 7's & 9's daily. (sorry)

Anyways, Neil Hutchinson told us about kite 4 cancer and how it was one of the better events he's ever worked with so we decided to register and send out some fund raising emails. We've done pretty well and a couple great friends and family members have helped out. If anyone would like to donate we'd greatly appreciate it, we're planning on heading up tomorrow to rep st. pete well, we'd love any other local support. Our page is here:
http://active.com/donate/kb4c2008/CKA
(Please be assured your donations go entirely to the cause and do not cover any personal expenses)

If you'd like to check out more info on the event check out www.KB4C.org all proceeds will be donated towards the John Wayne Cancer Foundation for cancer research and awareness. We're stoked to be a part of this event as well as the Tampa kite community, thanks in advance for support and we'll be back around the 14th, we'll make sure to sacrifice something in the gorge for all of you!

I'll also make sure to give updates, vid or pictures thanks again.
-Matt Sexton & Tripp Hobbs
Old 08-07-2008, 06:57 AM
Can't Re-member

Have fun in the Gorge!
Old 08-07-2008, 07:42 AM

I’ve been thinking of going to SF to visit my cousin. Good luck!
Old 08-07-2008, 09:07 AM
Skyway Scott

Have a good time out there.
Old 08-13-2008, 02:50 PM

Hope everyone is gettin sum, looks like its windy back there and my phone is blowin up. Wanted to thank everyone who donated in our name and all the supporters of kite 4 cancer. This was without a doubt one of the best events i've ever been to and the whole trip was easily my top two of all time.

In total we raised over $3,500.00 for the John Wayne Cancer Foundation and the associated research centers that the event supports. This was the third largest amount out of all participants but only a fraction of the all around amount raised. Between Neil's outrageous fundraising antics throughout the weekend, and the superb organization of Tonia Foreman and the KB4C Crew a total of over $90,000.00 was raised and its believed that it will break $100,000.00 once everything is tallied.

Thanks again for all the support for us and the cuase and we'll be sure to post some pictures in the next day or two.

-Matt Sexton
-Tripp Hobbs