FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > What's going on?
Connect with Facebook

Old 06-06-2008, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Stock View Post
Launch that venom, hold it by the chicken loop over your head and be prepared to be amazed... don't bother touching the bar..it will not crash... it'll fly right back to zenith.
That's what I've heard. We'll see. Turns out Bryan didn't send (have?) the spars... wish I would have known that. I'm going to have to make some I guess.

Also the inflation zippers are totally frozen up. I'll need to figure out how to free them up or they'll need to be replaced.
Old 06-07-2008, 10:59 PM
Tom Stock

Really? The tip spars were installed last time I saw that kite (a month ago).

I would double check, I bet he removed them to pack the kite smaller in the shop and completely forgot they were not still in the kite.
Old 06-19-2008, 08:20 PM

Anyone seen Bryan yet? I still haven't heard from him. Would be nice to know more about the spars considering the ad stated that the kite was complete...
Old 06-22-2008, 07:36 AM

Thumbs up

I believe Byans plan was to be back this week. He went North for a couple of weeks.

Try and get in touch with him this week. You havent missed any air time if that helps any.
Old 06-22-2008, 09:03 AM
Tom Stock

I only know of two spars.. (the wing tip battens) which as far as I know he never removed...
Old 06-22-2008, 05:31 PM

mark,
sorry i don't check the forum alot.
my # is 727-251-7904.
peace
Old 07-24-2008, 07:30 PM

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Stock View Post
Bryan is a nice honest guy. I'll stop by the shop and his house and check on it if you don't hear from him today. He has another business installing windows and sometimes forgets his cell phone at the job site. He was probably referring to me as one of his partners... I keep his website up and running for him.
Sorry, despite the glowing reviews here, I find Bryan to be LESS THAN HONEST.

My conversations with Bryan after discovering that the spars were missing and zippers frozen (unlike what he represented on stpetekites.com):

Call #1(after all the attempted calls while he was out of town)

Me - where are the spars?

Bryan - didn't I tell you there weren't any?

Me - no and the ad said complete kite...

Bryan - gee... I thought I told you.

Me - well I have to have some to use the kite and it's going to cost me like $40.

Bryan - hmmm... I didn't really want to sell that kite anyway. You could send it back to me.

Me - how about you PayPal me the $40 for spars. I don't want to pay to ship the kite back to you. I already paid to ship it here.

Bryan - ahhh... I guess.

Me - I'll send the PayPal request tonight.

Bryan - OK

Request sent on June 28... reminder sent last week... nothing.

Call #2

Me - Bryan, you haven't sent me that $40.

Bryan - really, huh, I thought I did.

Me - nope, could you go into PayPal and check it out and send it?

Bryan - yeah... I'll check into it tonight. I've never sent money before...

Me - well I'd appreciate it if you'd take care of this tonight so it doesn't have to go on any longer.

Bryan - OK

STILL NOTHING. Is St. Pete Kites licensed to do business in Florida? Does sending falsely advertized goods out of state constitute mail fraud (a felony)? I'm sure the attorney general of Florida can answer these questions for me.
Old 07-24-2008, 08:08 PM

mkiesow,

What kind of kite are we talking about here? Maybe I can help until Bryan gets back. What state do you live in?
Old 07-24-2008, 09:30 PM
Tom Stock

I found the description...
Quote:
Used/Demo 12M Peter Lynn Venom FOIL KITE

If you've never ridden a Foil you are in for a shock. This 12M foil kite has the depower of a bow kite, the pull of a C kite, and will fly by itself. It is also quick and easy to set up and launch. No pumping required. It jumps as good as any C kite, loops fast, and is easy to water relaunch.

We took this kite out to East Beach a year ago and tied it to a post while we ate lunch. It flew for an hour without us ever touching it... then we just simply walked over, hooked in, and went riding. When we were done we hooked it right back up to the post and let it fly by itself.

We demoed this kite but ever since E-Bone made the pump so popular it's hard to convince everyone to try something new. Too bad cause this kite is awesome!

This is an amazing kite and foils aren't cheap.. grab it while you can. Kite only, used.
This product was added to our catalog on Tuesday 04 December, 2007.
Old 07-25-2008, 04:51 AM

That sounds like a great kite. I'm sorry I didn't get to demo it while it was in town. How much would you sell it for? I'll bet I could make some spars for next to nothing and have a great kite if the price was right.