FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > What's going on?
Connect with Facebook

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-16-2008, 03:44 PM
Skyway Scott

Yikes. That's sort of depressing in a way.
Julian's loops are sick because he is looping before he gets much air and the loop itself provides much of his lift. He is really getting yanked horizontally at first, as a result. I was trying to hit about 12 feet (on the way up to what I thought would be 20) before looping, so that I wojld still have the kite out in front of me a ways and get yanked horizontally.
I was hoping I was at least 20 feet on my good ones. It sure felt like 20 plus on a several of them. If it wasn't, that's pretty lame.

I would put Julian at only 12 feet up (max) on most of his. Again, his goal isn't height, I don't believe. I think he is just going for flat out "shot from cannon" take offs and 12 feet of lift do to a kiteloop is sick!

It's been interesting experimenting with loops at different heights and at different stages in the jump the last few times out.
I have come to the conclusion that if you don't see the guy get horizontally yanked, the loop was "wimpy".

I can't figure out how RL10 hasn't died on one of his mega loops yet. His seem to be by far the most insane.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMHam...eature=related

The jump over the tree island at 40 seconds is just insane.
I mean, wtf?!, seriously. How he is landing going 30 mph and dropping like a rock like at the 2:25 mark?
I just don't get it.

Last edited by Skyway Scott; 03-16-2008 at 04:31 PM. Reason: added vid clip