FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > MAIN FORUM > ** KITER BUZZ **
Connect with Facebook

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-09-2006, 07:56 PM

Default end of January and beggining of February

Tuesday at 10h, ESE, 14-18 kts, low tide with flat water and small rolling waves right in front of the hotel beach front, wind remained quite constant for the whole day and until dark.
Wednesday at 10h ESE, 14-18 kts, at 12h, 16-20 kts, turning slightly E at 13h and 14-18 kts, at 16h 30, 12-14 kts until dark.
Thursday at 10h, ESE, 14-18 kts, at 12h, 16-20 kts, at 15h, 14-18 kts and at 17h, a bit down to 12-15 kts, this last three days wind has been quite constant all the time, the kite scene remains quiet, with 2-3 kites in front of Golfinho and few more towards Eco.
To Locoforwind, funny name, that, if you'd live here, would probably lose its meaning:
If by a package you mean air ticket, accommodation and lessons, it's possible, mail me to kite4taleza@yahoo.com and detail me your accommodation preferences, about lessons, you couldn't choose a better time for it (unless it will start to rain, hopefully not), by this posts, you'll be able to see, we are enjoying perfect conditions for learning, side shore, constant 14-18 kts wind, all day long and.. empty beaches with hundreds of meters, downwind, allowing as much training free of obstacles and dangers, as you wish.
About the kite safari, as I assume is only for you, I think it should be better to book some day trips along with your wife and friend.
You need to know that with a 12 and a 16 mts you'll be able to kite all day, if you want to bring just the 12, a surf board could help on the light wind moments (12-14 kts).
The meeting scheduled for Friday, has been delayed to take place next Monday at 16h in Golfinho, here is the letter from the Secretary of Sports of Governo do Estado together with the Prefeitura of Caucaia, inviting to the meeting to all people implicated into kite activities

Friday started rainy until 9 am, then, ESE, firstly 12-16 kts, at 12h, 14-20 kts, at 15h, 14-18 kts and at 16h, 10-12 kts until dark.
Saturday, started rainy again, at 8 am, sun won the battle and at 10h we had 14-18 kts ESE, at 12h, 18-22 kts, at 14h, 14-18 kts, at 16h, 16-20 kts and 14-18 kts until dark.
Sunday we had many brazilian local kiters around, mostly begginers, also in Jack's place, after Hacky and Rossi leaved, a group of brazilians are bringing some action to the pousada, mostly on weekend, good for Jack's bussines, I guess.
At 10h we had 16-20 kts, at 12h, 20-23 kts, at 14h 30, 18-22 kts, turning slightly E, after a while, and, staying that way until 16h 30, then, 14-18 kts and until dark, great windy weekend, though waves were down if compared with the beggining of the week.
Tomorrow at 16h is scheduled the meeting in Golfinho, I hope we'll have everybody there this time.
Here some more pics of the action today.

Quiet kite scene in Golfinho

Last week she was watching him ride...today

She was riding herself

Brazilian locals on our area today

some local beauties too

windsurfers

and a very common bird on our skies, lately

some unwanted noisy quads

besides that...

just one more windy day

Monday at 11h, ESE, 12-14 kts, at 13h turned E, 12-15 kts, at 16h stayed for half hour on the 14-16 kts, to go down to 10-12 kts until dark, on low tide there were nice (and unusual) sets of waves in front of Cumbuco, quite appealing, if it wasn't because there were just 10-12 kts.
Tuesday at 11h, ESE, 10-13 kts, at 13h, 12-16 kts, at 15h, 12-14 kts and 10-12 kts until dark, big shorebreak in high tide both days.
Today Wednesday, the swell went down, some shorebreak on high tide but in low tide, almost no waves, at 11h, 12-16 kts (contrary to the forecast www.surfguru.com.br), at 12h and for a while, 16-20 kts, after, 14-16 kts until 15h, then 12-14 kts first and 10-14 kts until dark, some funny rides with the 18 mts, after quite long ago, it seems as another sport, I guess I'm too used to 9-10-12 mts, that's why the funny feeling when back to big sizes.
This last 3 days, the wind went (finally) definitely down, I would say, to the expected standars for the date, hopefully going a bit up from next Monday.
On Monday we had one more meeting in Golfinho, here the report of what happened, sorry it's in Portuguese
Caros participantes,
A reunião do 06.02.06 no Cumbuco teve as seguintes resoluções:

- Às 14:00 hs na colonia reunião com os bugueiros, quadriciclos, jangadeiros e cavalheiros:
- O Alcimar do quadric*clo vai proucurar o Sr. Ted Pontes para montar a associação dos quadriciclos para poder vender os os passeios pelos os barraqueiros;
- O Paulo da SEJUV ficou de enviar um e.mail para um amigo em Petrópolis para ver a possibilidade de haver o projeto de fraldas para os cavalos, evitando portanto a sujeira na praia;
- As jangadas podem usar a zona de banhista para fazer seus passeios;
- Os bugueiros da associação não passarão mais pela zona de barracas da vila;
- A Prefeitura na pessoa do Ted Pontes vai aumentar a fiscalização e a colocação de cavaletes no Luis filho e 100m depois do velas;

Às 16:00hs. na golfinho teve as seguintes resoluções:
- O Alexandre Coelho ficou de fazer as traduções das placas de informações aos praticantes de kite e enviar para todos os participantes das reuniões para a devida apreciação do grupo, ficou também de ver com o Daniel Cavalcante o problema da ASKCE.
- O Paulo da SEJUV apresentou e aconselhou ao grupo o Humberto Ary como candidato a presidente da ASKCE por ser neutro, não ter escola, não ser representante de nenhuma marca de kite e ter exelente entrada na m*dia e serviços público o mesmo mostrou interesse se todos ajudarem a iniciar um trabalho para todo o Ceará;
- A próxima reunião ficou marcada para o dia 13/02 *s 16:00hs na golfinho para ver a situação da ASKCE;
_ O Paulo da SEJUV não poderá comparecer por motivo de força maior ficando o Sr. Ted Pontes como o mediador da reunião.

OBS: As placas que foram solicitadas em reunião precedente foram providenciadas junto a empresa oficial do Governo do Estado a MCI e está em fase de formatação.

Cheers. CRIS
www.kitefortaleza.com.br
www.kiteboardcumbuco.com.br